Not ProvidedLearning and research services are paramount in fulfilling the research needs of academics and research staff, students, and the general public. The Learning and Research Support Section helps to build scholarly communication within an academic community. The Learning and Research Support Section of the Library will engage with the research community to support and promote innovative learning and high quality research that attracts global visibility.
The Section manages the research and learning space of the library learning commons. The Section liaises with the Directorate of Research, Innovation and Consultancy (DRIC) as a University wide research unit.
The functions of the section are to:
- Strengthen and prioritise Library’s support towards the University’s research activities
- Enhance high quality research and collaboration among academics, research staff and graduate students.
- Provide a conducive learning space for academic and research work.
- Provide the support to enhance the quality of academic and research work in the university
- Make relevant scholarly information resources accessible to the Academic and non-academic staff, students as well as the general public
- Promote scholarly publishing in Ghana
- Provide information support for research activities
Brief information about the section
The section is responsible for the management of the Research/Knowledge Commons,
Library Assessment and Quality Assurance, Research Support, Intellectual property, Institutional Repository, Scholarly publishing and Open Access issues.
Head of section: Ms. Gloria Techie-Donkor, Jnr Asst. Librarian
Contact info of section: 033 21 30952/3
Hours and location: 9am – 10pm (During Semester), 9am -5am (During revision and examination), Second Floor