The Distance Learning Library Services Section provides electronic information services to the Distance Learning students and the academic staff of the College of Distance Education (CoDE).
The functions of the section are to:
- Provide library and information services to the distance learning students and the academic staff of the College of Distance Education.
- Design innovative programmes and provide relevant resources to meet the unique information needs of the distance learning community.
- Provide quality and timely access to needed information resources to respond to the changing needs of distance learning students and faculty.
- Provide access to electronic information resources
- Provide research support services for students and faculty on the Distance Education model.
- Create collaborative learning environments for students and the faculty.
- Conduct literature searches for distance students and faculty.
- Provide information literacy instructions for distance students and faculty.
- Connect with students through interactive platforms (WhatsApp, E-mails, SMS, Facebook and Twitter) to offer library and information services.
- Offer assistance on open access, intellectual property and publishing.
- Provide orientation programmes for fresh students on distance education programme.
- Facilitate online chat with librarians (reference assistance and instructions/Ask a librarian)
- Promote selective Dissemination of information
Brief information about the section
The section is responsible for the coordination of the thirty-one (31) Satellite Libraries and Distance Learning Library services.
Head of section: Ms. Diana Atuase, Jnr Asst. Librarian
Contact info of section: 033 21 30952/3 or 020 232 1530 (WhatsApp)
Hours and location: Second Floor Sam Jonah Library and CoDE